One of the most important decisions you will make when planning your wedding is selecting “the perfect gown,” that makes you feel really special. Whether you know exactly what you are looking for, or if you’re beginning your search with little more than a general idea, there are several things you should consider before purchasing your gown. Here are some tips, courtesy of Bridal Whimsy.
1. Your gown should reflect your unique taste, style and personality.
2. Be sure to try on several different styles. Because this is a once-in-a-lifetime event, choosing the perfect wedding gown should be fun!
3. In case photography is permitted, take your camera on your shopping trip. This way, you can snap a photo of the gowns that you like. This will be helpful in making your final decision.
4. Value the opinions of others, but ultimately realize that you must love your dress. Do not allow others to pressure you into buying a gown that leaves you less than 100% satisfied.
5. When you find the perfect wedding gown, buy it – then and there.
6. Know your body type. Whether you are shopping alone or with friends and family, knowing your body type and the style of clothing that looks best on you will be very beneficial in selecting the perfect wedding gown for your body and your big day!