You can picture the day in your mind: a beautiful wedding gown, gorgeous rings, and spending forever with the man of your dreams. The day will be perfect and if you are like many brides, you will have your parents to thank for making your wedding day all that you dreamed it would be. Obviously, the best way to honor your parents’ dedication to your “Big Day” would be to treat them with a gift. But what gifts are appropriate for this situation? Here are some ideas, courtesy of Project Wedding.
Thank You Gifts for Two
Giving your parents a thank you gift to enjoy together can be very meaningful and can also allow you to spend a little more on each gift. Depending on your budget, consider:
• Travel. Cruise tickets, hotel reservations for the weekend, or a romantic retreat to a local resort are all possible gift ideas.
• An evening out. Whether it’s a gift card for a favorite restaurant, tickets to a show or a complete night of pampering including the limo, your parents deserve a night out to unwind after the wedding.
• Gift baskets. Wine baskets, gourmet food collections, or personalized his and her gift sets are terrific ways to say thank you and can fit into most any budget.
• Something personal. Creative gifts often hold the most meaning. Consider making a personalized video or slideshow for each set of parents, presenting them with a family photo calendar, or framing your favorite wedding pictures for a sentimental touch. Digital photo frames with a personal message are big hits with parents.
For Him, For Her
You may decide to honor your mom and dad with individual gifts rather than a joint thank you. If you’ve set a large budget, you could even do both!
Ideas for dads:
• Personalized cufflinks to wear on the wedding day.
• Gift certificate to a favorite store.
• Wine and cheese assortment.
• Personalized golf accessories.
• Pens, intriguing paperweights, monogrammed money clips or key chains.
Mothers may enjoy:
• Spa certificates.
• Earrings or a necklace for the wedding day.
• Bath soaps, candles, and fragrances in an elegant gift basket.
• Personalized photo albums, frames, or a jewelry box.
• Charm bracelet or necklace with a family theme.
Consider your parents’ interests and you’ll be sure to choose thank you gifts that your parents appreciate and remember for years to come – whatever your budget.